Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake Puree
One pot cooking for the whole family is always a win-win! With the winter weather approaching, this Chicken Broccoli Pasta bake is super easy and the whole family can enjoy this moorish dish!
Recipe makes a casserole dish enough for 4 adults.
- 4 chicken breast
- leeks (optional - don't use in baby's food if too young. It might make them gassy - introduce leeks/onions gradually into diet).
- 1 head of broccoli cut into little florets
- 3 cups of past (penne/fusilli)
- fresh herb to compliment the chicken : thyme / rosemary / parsley
- squeeze of lemon
- dash of paprika & mustard powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- coconut / olive oil
- salt & pepper for taste
- Gently sauté leeks until see through on a medium heat and put aside.
- Cut chicken into fine strips and gently fry in pan on medium heat, in coconut oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put aside.
- In a pot, bring the pasta to the boil and cook till tender.
- Place the chicken, leeks and pasta in a casserole dish. Put aside.
- In the chickens frying pan, now empty, place 2 tbsp of butter, and melt on low heat. Add 2 tbsp flour and stir until all the lumps are out. Add the 2 cups of milk and simmer over low heat, continuously stirring until it thickens. Add paprika, mustard powder, salt and pepper to taste as well as fresh herbs. I use the same frying pan, as the sauce then absorbs the flavours from the chicken and leeks fried previously. You can add half a cup of cheese to the sauce, or alternatively sprinkle on top after.
- Pour the sauce into the casserole dish, covering the mix of chicken, broccoli (still raw, this will cook in oven) and pasta. - Sprinkle a dash of parmesan on top along with some salt, pepper and fresh herbs for garnish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180'C for 30min until the top turns golden brown and it starts to bubble.
- Let it cool down and serve to family - For baby scoop some of the bake into a container suitable for blending, and blend to the right consistency once it is cooled down. Ready to feed baby with the help of Spuni - your baby’s first spoon. 👶🥇🥄The recipe is a great Stage 2 food for adventurous palette!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published